How to shop at Hollister
The Hollister brand is all about showing a unique lifestyle which is felt in both the clothing and the in-store experience. Hollister designs and produces a style that is considered to be high quality “SoCal” inspired clothing. They refer to men as “dudes” and women as “bettys”. Hollister offers free shipping, email exclusives and sales.
Shipping and Handling Policy
U.S. delivery is offered in standard, 3 business day, next business day and Saturday delivery options. Although standard delivery is 7-10 business days, this only applies to the continental U.S. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii takes 10-15 business days. Delivery to P.O. Boxes, U.S. territories and APO/FPO addresses take up to three weeks.
Orders must be submitted before 12 Noon EST Monday – Friday to qualify for three-business day delivery. Orders must be submitted before 12 Noon EST Monday – Thursday to qualify for next day delivery. Orders must be submitted before 12 Noon EST Friday for Saturday delivery.
Hollister accepts merchandise for refunds if the item is in resalable condition and includes a copy of the original invoice. Merchandise must be returned in its original packaging. Use the SmartLabel that was included in your invoice to return the item via mail. You can also track your package online when you use the SmartLabel. The $7 fee for this service will be deducted from your refund. If you paid for your order via PayPal, and you choose to return it to a retail store, then Hollister will issue you merchandise credit.
You can exchange your merchandise via mail, at your local Hollister store or through their Speed Exchange program. In a Speed Exchange, you choose your replacement merchandise and are charged for the replacement upfront. Hollister then ships you the replacement merchandise. Then you send back the original merchandise and Hollister will credit your account once they receive it. Allow up to two weeks for the credit to appear in your account.
Hollister will refund the value of the merchandise based on the original form and amount of payment for returns made within 60 days of the purchase date and that include the original sales receipt. You will receive merchandise credit if you don’t have the original receipt.
- Hollister invites its shoppers to share their styles via social media. You can share your best pictures and videos on YouTube, Twitter, Instagram or even upload them to the Hollister website with the hashtag #INHOLLISTER to get featured on their site.
- The best in-store deals can be found at the back of the store, which has two tables of discounted items that are on clearance or final sale.
- Inventory is restocked on Mondays and new items are put out on Tuesday mornings.
- Tips from Hollister employees:
- Peruse the Hollister website before you go to the store so you “pre-shop” for the items you want. This comes in handy since the brick-and-mortar stores are usually quite dark, which makes it a bit difficult to navigate through the clothing.
- You can find a lot of the sale items toward the back of the stores. The petite sizes are usually placed in the front of the stores.
- On the last day of an online clearance sale, you can take an additional 50% off the already reduced prices. This is valid online only.
- The best times to visit the stores are Monday through Thursday within the first two hours of opening because items are more organized and the store is less crowded. Also try to visit the store after lunch as some merchandise is restocked.