How to shop at Urban Outfitters
Urban Outfitters is a store that caters to the hipster style and culture, which coincides with the company’s overall statement of choosing a particular customer segment and emphasizing a distinctive and creative emotional connection. The target consumer is between the ages of 18 and 30.
Urban offers free shipping for orders over $50 and a sale tab on the homepage for women, men and apartment décor.
Shipping and Handling Policy
Urban Outfitters orders are shipped standard shipping unless otherwise selected. Orders are shipped Monday – Friday, except for holidays and usually are received within 7 business days.
These above rates apply for U.S. orders except for oversize items or noted items like: bikes, Custom Shoppe and Print Shop orders. Certain oversize items like furniture will take 4-6 weeks to ship, can’t be expedited and will ship separately from other regular sized items in your order.
To get the fastest delivery method, orders must be received online by 1 PM EST, Monday – Thursday. You can track your order on the Urban Outfitters website with your order number and billing zip code. Orders being shipped to Alaska, Hawaii, U.S. territories, P.O. Boxes and APO/FPO will be shipped via USPS Priority Mail for standard delivery.
Urban Outfitters will allow you to return or exchange any unworn, unwashed or defective items within 30 days of the ship date to get a refund. If it’s after 30 days, then an E-merchandise credit will be emailed to you.
You can return your items with a free prepaid shipping label that comes with most shipments. Otherwise, you can return your item to a brick-and-mortar retail store if accompanied by the packing slip. If you paid for your online order via PayPal and you want to return your item to a store, you can only receive merchandise credit and not a refund. If you want a refund, then you must return it via mail. Allow 2-3 weeks for your refund to be processed. If you instead wanted to exchange your item, Urban Outfitters will waive the standard shipping fee on your new order.
Urban offers a price adjustment plan. If the item you ordered online goes on sale within 14 days of your order being shipped, then Urban Outfitters will refund the price difference to your form of payment. This does not comply with orders made in retail stores. If you choose to exchange an item instead of returning it for a refund, Urban will email you once your new order has been processed. The item will ship to you via standard delivery.
- The Urban Outfitters app, Urban On, lets you complete challenges to earn exclusive rewards and access to events. You can also use the app to get first dibs on sales.
- You can use My UO on the app to identify yourself in stores with your Urban ID and get rewarded for challenges.
- The app also allows you to send personalized e-gift cards
- Off-season is the best time to buy clothing to get the best deals. The store puts a lot of their items on sale to make room for new inventory.
- Visit the Urban Outfitters blog for contests and sweepstakes that allow you to win thousands of dollars in gift cards, trips and prize packs.
- Tips from employees:
- Shop the retail store midweek either Wednesday or Thursday morning when new inventory is on the floor
- Get to the store before lunchtime to avoid crowds